2. Simultaneous-Move Games
- Thinking Strategically (Avinash Dixit and Barry
Nalebuff), Chapter 3, Seeing Through Your Rival's Strategy.
- Rasmusen, Eric, "U.S. Air for Sale," Dept. of
Business Economics and Public Policy, Indiana University, October 30,
Think about what happens if your rival is as smart as you are.
Base your predictions on past experience, without speculation.
Topics That Might be Discussed in Class
- Dominant and Dominated Strategies
- Time and Newsweek in Tables
- The Prisoner's Dilemma
- Nash Equilibrium
- Coordination Games
- Battle of the Sexes
- Time and Newsweek with Continuous Strategies
- US Air for Sale
Simultaneous vs. Sequential Moves,
Nonexistence of equilibrium,
Continuous vs. Discrete Strategies.
For Next Time
- Rasmusen, Eric, ``The Kleit Oligopoly Game,'' Dept. of
Business Economics and Public Policy, Indiana University, November 3,
Return to the Thinking Strategically Home
Page, at http:
Send comments to Prof.
. Last updated: February 22, 2002.