Best Articles 2021
- (1) "AMERICA'S NEW CLASS SYSTEM," Time, NICHOLAS LEMANN (June 24, 2001).
- (2) "Counting on Counties: How the Creation of Three Thousand Counties Shaped Local Government Across America," William A. Fischel, Dartmouth College (April 2021).
- (3) "January 6 Cases Being Treated More Harshly by DOJ," RedState.com, Leslie McAdoo Gordon (June 29, 2021).
- Canadian Politics, Justin Trudeau.
- (5) "Federal Protection of 'Oath Keepers' Kingpin Stewart Rhodes Breaks the Entire Capitol 'Insurrection' Lie Wide Open," Revolver.news (June 30, 2021):
The Justice Department argues that Stewart Rhodes both substantially organized and activated an imputed plan to use violence, on 1/6, in real-time, through a series of encrypted Signal messages beginning at 1:38 p.m., as Trump concluded his rally speech on the National Mall, and 62 minutes before Oath Keepers lieutenants allegedly formed a “military stack” to rush the Capitol doors.
These facts alone, as alleged, are more than legally sufficient to secure an indictment of Stewart Rhodes. We will walk you through the mountains of direct and circumstantial evidence built on top of these allegations, but readers must understand this: the only reason Stewart Rhodes is not in jail *right now* is because of a deliberate decision by the Justice Department to protect him.
- "We Should Ask the Modellers to Prove Their Models Can Accurately Predict the Future Before Following Their Advice Again," 24 October 2021, Dr. David Livermore:
Medics, nurses, physios, medical lab scientists, and clinical scientists all must demonstrate competency to be licensed. There is no such regulation for modellers. Yet their advice, adopted by the Government, affects millions whereas a bad doctor can only harm one patient at a time. ... Examine the graph. Then, USING ONLY DATA AVAILABLE UP TO JULY 1891 (i.e., as far into the 1889-94 pandemic as we presently are with COVID) devise a mathematical model (not a qualitative speculation) to account for the peaks up to that date and to predict the size, timing and duration of the two subsequent peaks. Explain why there were no further peaks after 1894. ... In the meantime, let us have no more talk of lockdowns until modellers can prove their skills and competency by showing how the death waves of a previous pandemic could have been predicted accurately. They will find numerous relevant pre-July 1891 articles in the BMJ and the Lancet among other sources.}}
- Thapar abortion dissent (2021).
- "Estate Planning: To My Vampire, If Any," by Steven M. Silva (May 25, 2011).
- "Importing Enemies, by Michael Anton.
- "England, Your England," Part I of "The Lion and the Unicorn" by George Orwell.
- "The Real War on Science: The Left has done far more than the Right to set back progress," John Tierney, City Journal (2016).
- "Woke Institutions is Just Civil Rights Law: Why Conservatives Won't (and Can't) Fight for Influence, and What to Do About It," Richard Hanania (2021). On how the radical left captured the corporations.
"Handy Statistical Lexicon" by Andrew Gelman.
- "The Foundationalist Manifesto: The Politics of Future Past," Charles Haywood.
- Charles Haywood review of Frieden's The Feminine Mystique. "It’s not just women, though—only a tiny segment of men have a job that offers real accomplishment, “the life of mind and spirit,” either. The job does not give them fulfillment; it is a means to their real method of fulfillment, providing for and protecting their family."
- "Secrets Of The Great Families," SlateStarCodex (2021).