Best Things of 2021
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I write these up for my Christmas cards, but I will start my draft list now.
- 1.Break-action Air Rifles. My Crossman .22 single-shot kills rabbits, is legal to use inside city limits, and isn't as noisy as a "real" rifle.
- 2. Goofspiel. A simple but profound card game invented by game theorist Merrill Flood at Princeton in the 1950s. You bid for cards simultaneously, one at a time, using one suit as prizes and the others for your currency. https://www.rasmusen.org/rasmapedia/index.php?title=The_Goofspiel_Card_Game.
- 3. Spoons. A hilarious pay-attention card-passing game good for a large group, similar to Pit. https://www.wikihow.com/Play-Spoons-(Card-Game)
- 4. Psych, later seasons
- 5. Wikimedia formatting code.
- 6. Churchill, The World Crisis.
- 7 Teaching 7th grade math
- 8. The Romanovs: The Final Chapter
- 9. Persimmon whisky
- 10. The National Conservatism Conference, NatCon II.
- 11. Hen of the Woods, Boletes, Honey Mushrooms, and Lion's Mane fungus.
- 12. Death in Paradise TV detective show.
- 6 Maraschino liqueur.
- 5. CourtListener.com An archive of court data including opinions, oral arguments, judges, and federal filings.
- 6. Internet Archive library for free book borrowing.
- 7. Rex Stout, The Rubber Band, detective novel with Nero Wolfe.
- 9. Hett, historian of Nazi Germany.
- 11. MathPix program to convert pdf to Latex.
- 13. Retirement.