Best Things of 2021
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I write these up for my Christmas cards, but I will start my draft list now.
The Dozen Best
- 1.Break-action Air Rifles. My Crossman .22 single-shot kills rabbits, is legal to use inside city limits, and isn't as noisy as a "real" rifle.
- 2. Goofspiel. A simple but profound card game invented by game theorist Merrill Flood at Princeton in the 1950s. You bid for cards simultaneously, one at a time, using one suit as prizes and the others for your currency. https://www.rasmusen.org/rasmapedia/index.php?title=The_Goofspiel_Card_Game.
- 3. Spoons. A hilarious pay-attention card-passing game good for a large group, similar to Pit. https://www.wikihow.com/Play-Spoons-(Card-Game)
- 4. Death in Paradise and Psych, (skipping season 1), comedy detective mystery TV shows.
- 5.Wikimedia formatting code.
- 6. The World Crisis, Winston n Churchill's multi-volume history of World War I. Much better than his famous history of World War II. The witticism when it came out: "Did you hear? Winston's written a giant book, all about himself. He calls it, "The World Crisis".
- 7. Teaching 7th grade math.
- 8. The Romanovs: The Final Chapter, by Robert Massie.
- 9. Persimmon whisky
- 10. NatCon II, The National Conservatism Conference in Orlando.
- 11.Hen of the Woods, Boletes, Honey Mushrooms, and Lion's Mane fungus.
- 12. Retirement. If you can afford it, you can be just as busy and more productive and happy.
- 6 Maraschino liqueur.
- 5. CourtListener.com An archive of court data including opinions, oral arguments, judges, and federal filings.
- 6. Internet Archive library for free book borrowing.
- 7. Rex Stout, The Rubber Band, detective novel with Nero Wolfe.
- 9. Hett, historian of Nazi Germany.
- 11. MathPix program to convert pdf to Latex.