Cedars Math: Miscellaneous
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Johann Bach's Musical Offering in piano and harpsichord (with scrolling musical notation). A long essay on the Musical Offering with linkage to Leibniz, Newton, and Voltaire; and a short essay that talks about it in connection to Mozart and Beethoven.
- Beethoven's Ghost Trio (1809)
- Brahms's Symphony 1, Karajan conducting.
Quotations and Phrases
quod erat demonstrandum, quis custodiet custodes ipsos,
Mr. Rasmusen's notes to himself
- Queuing theory for You-Tube: Ben Golub's tweet, with comments, and "What happens when you add a new teller? John D. Cook at his blog (2008).
- Math puzzles can be found at Quora.
- A blog post on myriads.
- "A visual, immediate & intuitive proof that the sum of the first n interger numbers equals n(n+1)/2"
- Landsburg on Dollar-Cost-Averaging, which would be a good You-Tube subject, as would the mortgage interest deduction.
- "THE SECRET NUMBER," IGOR TEPER, Strange Horizons (20 NOVEMBER 2000). The Bleem story.