Difference between revisions of "Covid Blunders"
(→Cuomo Putting Sick People in Nursing Homes)
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Revision as of 14:13, 1 January 2022
This is for listing blunders in covid policy.
- 1 Blunders in General
- 2 The FDA
- 3 Origins in China
- 4 Testing
- 5 Treatment
- 6 Cleaning Surfaces vs. Ventilation
- 7 Lockdowns
- 8 Social Distancing
- 9 Vaccine Development
- 10 Vaccine Administration
- 11 Cuomo Putting Sick People in Nursing Homes
- 12 The December 2021 Liberal Pivot, Repudiating everything they claimed before
Blunders in General
- "Tucker: Why Isn’t There a Criminal Investigation Into Dr. Fauci?" Bongino.com, Mike Robert LeePosted: May 11, 2021.
Origins in China
"The CDC’s failed race against covid-19: A threat underestimated and a test overcomplicated", Washington Post (2020.Christmas):
"On Jan. 13, the World Health Organization had made public a recipe for how to configure such a test, and several countries wasted no time getting started: Within hours, scientists in Thailand used the instructions to deploy a new test.
The CDC would not roll out one that worked for 46 more days....
It would have been prudent, he said, “to use the WHO test that was already available. At the same time, get a better understanding of the performance of that test — see if you could improve on it with a second-generation test, as opposed to trying to develop your own test, independent of what’s out there.” "
Cleaning Surfaces vs. Ventilation
It should have been easy and quick to administer.
Don't use nurses; use the unemployed, in stadiums. Have some of the unemployed stand by with phones to call if someone has an allergic reaction.
First priority should have been to vaccinate people, not to try to vaccinate particular groups of people.
As for groups: vaccinate grocery store and other retail workers, and workers in people transport--airlines, buses, taxi, train.
Cuomo Putting Sick People in Nursing Homes
A 2021 article on his policy and his coverup when he falsified the data.
The December 2021 Liberal Pivot, Repudiating everything they claimed before
1. Cloth masks are ineffective against omicron (Leanna Wen, CNN); 2. The vaccinated can spread and get covid; 3. The death rate is comparable to the flu (Chris Hayes); 4. Many people are entering hospitals with covid, not from covid (Fauci); 5. Natural immunity is a reason omicron hasn’t been as virulent (Fauci); 6. We have to take into account societal needs, not just spread prevention (CDC); 7. The asymptomatic should not be tested (NFL); 8. We should focus on hospitalizations and deaths, not case rate (Biden); 9. Children are not at risk and schools should remain open; 10. Covid is predominantly an illness affecting the immunocompromised and elderly and we should not shut down society.