Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mark McPhail was fired by Indiana University-Northwest in Gary Indiana. He sued.
- May 12, 2015. "Mark McPhail, Ph.D., named IU Northwest Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs," IU Northwest News.
- September 14, 2021. Dismissal letter from Laguanas.
- September 14, 2021. No trespassing letter to McPhail
- September 14, 2021. Campus Police report on McPhail
- November 29, 2021. First Faculty Board of Review report: McPhail shouldn't have had his pay cut without due process
- April 21, 2022. Second Faculty Board of Review report: McPhail shouldn't have been fired.
- May 10, 2022. "Fired for criticizing his administration and discussing racism, Indiana professor sues," FIRE.
- May 11, 2022. "Former IU Northwest professor sues university, says he was fired for criticisms on diversity and racism," Indiana Public Media .
- May 23, 2022. Fourth letter from the AAUP to IU-Northwest asking them to explain what was going on.
- April 18, 2022. The Complaint in McPhail's lawsuit, as filed in state court in Indiana.
- People: Judge Theresa Springmann. Magistrate Judge Andrew P Rodovich. Valerie C Ezie-Boncoeur, Indiana University's lawyer, Barnes and Thornburgh South Bend Of Counsel.
- The case was removed by IU to federal court.  The N.D. Indiana federal docket as of May 25, 2022]. CASE #: 2:22-cv-00137.