Travis Dawry @tdawry In spreadsheets you see the data but the code sits behind it.
In a programming language you see the code but the data sits behind it.
- 1 Acrobat
- 2 Antiporn Software
- 3 Antivirus Software
- 4 Email
- 5 Google
- 6 Hard Disk Space Analyzers
- 7 Software for Writing
- 8 Music software
- 9 Organization and Filing
- 10 Scheduling Meetings
- 11 Twitter
- 12 Video
- 13 Worse Is Better
- 5 Best Free PDF Readers and Viewers for Windows 10 in 20197th March 2019 by Manish Sahay is a good review. Adobe itself is an unpleasant company that writes bad software and has moved its pdf-writing software on line, probably to better rip off customers and harvest their information. Their reader is purposely limited and unsatisfactory and they write poor software anyway. I've tried Foxit and been disappointed for some reason, and PDF-XChange Editor was bad enough for some reason I forget that I decided it wasn't minimally satisfactory. Sumatra is very clean, but requires CTRL-mouse if you want to select text. So i have settled on STDU Viewer, at http://www.stdutility.com/stduviewer.html.
- NitroReader and MS Edge are treacherous when dealing with pdf forms, doing weird stuff to the contents. Do NOT use them.
04 Feb 2020 Jason Baker (Red Hat) Feed Seth Kenlon (Red Hat)
- Libreoffice seems to be good. It does a great job of printing *.docx files to *.pdf. It was easy to install and it's freeware, opensource.
- PDFEncrypt, a simple little opensource app to put a password on a pdf file.
Qustodio is what we've used.
I am trying out the free version of Bitdefender on the HP. Norton has a cheap first year and then a very high second year.
CloudHQ is good.
Google added an obnoxious "Related Searches" feature at the bottom of every search, which cuts out 1/4 of your searches on the page and gives you useless suggestions for different things to search for that are never relevant. To get your search screen real estate back, you can go to google.com, then to Settings at the bottom of the page, find Search Customization, I think it is, and then turn off the evil feature. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252374688
Hard Disk Space Analyzers
Wiztree is amazingly fast and good. It is free.
Software for Writing
- MathPix will turn pdf's into Latex and is very good.
Musescore is good freeware.
Organization and Filing
- When2meet.com is good. Very simple, free, easy to use, better than doodle in all these respects. It does have low security.
Converting from one video format to another
- HD Video Converter Factory, which only allow you 5 minute videos in the free version. But if it's conversion from phone video, that may be OK.
Worse Is Better
I wish android, facebook, Windows, etc. would realize that most of us like their product as it is, and any new feature is (a) almost surely undesirable, and (b) too distracting to be worth learning about evne if it had some slight positive value. Worse is better - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org