Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Aaron Hilliard, Musrhoom Wonderland
- If Women had Hubby Vision. It's a Southern Thing channel. You-Tube.
- The Cave Simile of Plato, narrated by Orson Welles with mediocre cartoon pictures.
- The Babylon Bee
- Saturday Night Live
- THeodoric of York, Medieval Barber," (1978) with Jane Curtin, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner, and Steve Martin.
- More Cowbells
- Cobras and Panthers, Saturday Night Live spoof on West Side Story.
- Ultra-MAGA parade (2022) and warrior dance
- Giuliani on Bad to the Bone on the Masked Singer, with the Reveal
- Weird Al Yankovich:
- Amish Paradise (1996) (best)
- "First World Problems" (2014) (second best)
- White and Nerdy (2006) (third best)
- "Just Like a Surgeon" (1985) (third best)
- "I Lost on Jeopardy" Good.
- "All about the Pentiums", ok+
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch" merely ok.
- "I Love Rocky Road," pretty good.
- Eat It (1984)
- I'm Fat (1988) (very good)
- Word Crimes (very good)
- Abbot and Costello
- "How the Infinite Hotel Ran Out of Room" About 5 minutes
- "New Math," Tom Lehrer. About 5 minutes
- "Lobachevsky," Tom Lehrer (1953). About 5 minutes
- "Donald Duck in Mathemagicland, Disney. 27 minutes.
- Natcon II Orlando, (2021).
- Ukrainian curling, with antitank mines.
- Best new podcast: “Rise and Fall of Mars Hill.” Although this is ostensibly about a Seattle-based church, it’ll be equally fascinating to the religious and non-religious alike. It’s a gripping dive into group psychology and celebrity culture.
- Fall of Civilizations. Podcast. A whole series.
- Why I Am a Christian (David Wood, Former Atheist's Conversion (2015) You-tube.
- "Building the Perfect Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder" (2020) . Mark Rober.
- Prince Philip's coffin at Windsor with the band playing, very moving. A military pick-up truck.
- Long Eric Zenmour debate, in French.
- The world at War 1973 documentary Lawrence Olivier
- BIll Murray Scrooged Not worth rewatching.
- "Meet me in St. Louis." The 1944 Judy Garland film is a romantic musical comedy that focuses on four sisters, and it's rarely met a disapproving critic with a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score.
- "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas"
- Chrstimas with the Kranks.
- T34 See that. With Ben
- 1941 Bill murray JohN Belushi comedy.
- The Munsters.
- The Duellists (1978) follows two rival French officers through the Napoleonic Wars. A minor insult sets off a decades-long series of duels between the men, neither willing to abandoned his honor.
- Excalibur (1981) condenses several Arthurian legends into a single spectacular epic. One of the most hypnotic and visionary films of all time.
- The Lady Eve (1941) an extremely funny romantic comedy about a beautiful card shark trying to seduce a bumbling millionaire.
- Russian Ark (2002) follows a ghost and his long-dead aristocrat companion through the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, bouncing through several hundred years of shared history and culture. Innovative and beautiful; shot in a single take
- Брат (Brother) follows a recently-discharged Russian conscript as he moves to the big city in Yeltsin-era Russia to follow his hitman brother.Брат 2 (2000) picks up immediately where the first film left off, with the conscript and his brother embarking on a twisted adventure to the South Side of Chicago.
- Maverick (1994) is a cocky western comedy starring Mel Gibson as a fast-talking and cowardly gambler trying to scrape together enough money to enter a once-in-a-lifetime poker tournament.
- Hail the Conquering Hero (1944) is about a good-hearted dockworker unable to fight in WW2 due to hayfever, but too ashamed to go home. He is befriended by a squad of recently-returned Marines, whose scheme to return him to his family without losing face quickly snowballs.
Unknown Soldier (2017) tells the largely-ignored story of the Continuation War, a massive conflict between Finland and the Soviet Union that lasted from 1941-1944. Probably the most realistic depiction of WW2 era infantry combat ever filmed.
- In the Line of Fire (1993) is a thriller in which Clint Eastwood faces off against John Malkovich.
Eastwood plays the sole remaining agent from JFK's secret-service detail. He's tasked with stopping an ex-CIA agent from killing the President.
- The Counselor (2013) was Cormac McCarthy's first ever work for the screen.
It was universally panned by critics. I liked it so much I bought the screenplay. One must judge the movie on its own terms, rather than expecting "No Country for Old Men 2." It is profound.