``Government Regulation: Using Force for the Common Good'' (May 9, 2012) (slides)
I am writing a book for my course on Business and Government for senior bus econ majors at Indiana University. Comments are welcomed. I am thinking about self-publishing and charging a relatively low price for electronic or paper copies--- something on the order of $20 each. It will be ready in about a year, but the chapters are already pretty much written. What remains is polishing, diagram-drawing, improving, introduction, table of contents, index, references, and a website with old tests, news clipping, overhead slides, and suchlike.
- Markets Chapter 1.
- Rivals Attack Romney on Bain:
Debate Sparked within GOP Over Free Enterprise; Romney Defends His Record,"
- Market failure. Chapter 2 .
- "When Romney ran Bain Capital, his word was not his bond,"
- "Arrests in Insider Probe:
Government Says Tech Managers Sold Secrets About iPhone and Other Products."
- Government failure.
- The "United States v. Home Concrete & Supply, LLC" Supreme Court oral argument of January 17, 2012 in transcript
- Han Fei: "Five Vermin: A Pathological Analysis of Politics".
- Life, Time, and Taxes. Chapter 4 .
- Market power. Chapter 5 .
- Monopolizing. Chapter 6 .
- "H&R Block Antitrust Loss Is Win for U.S. Ahead of AT&T Trial" (Business Week, Nov. 16, 2011).
"H&R Block Drops TaxACT Buy After Antitrust Ruling" (Associated Press, Nov. 15, 2011),
- Public utilities. Chapter 7 .
- Asymmetric Information. Chapter 8.
- Selling Labor. Chapter 9 .
- Banking. Chapter 10 .
- General Motors, AIG, and Citigroup news itemsand article.
- Pollution. Chapter 11 .
- Conservation. Chapter 12.
Lecture slides are in the directory http://rasmusen.org/g406/slides/.
Quiz and test answers are in the directory http://rasmusen.org/g406/tests/.
Indiana University, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy,
in the Kelley School of Business ,
BU 438, 1309 East Tenth Street, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1701, (812)855-9219.