Jump to navigation Jump to search
- [https://www.connecticutmag.com/issues/features/how-the-coming-of-a-conservative-midwestern-college-divided-a-small-ct-town/article_3b86fb78-e3d6-11ea-8eda-53fc5dea576b.html "How the coming of a conservative Midwestern college divided a small CT town: S. Prestley Blake, the co-founder of the Friendly's restaurant chain, donated his Somers estate to Michigan's Hillsdale College. The school has grand plans to open an adult-learning center on the property, whose centerpiece is a replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. But questions about the school's religious bona fides which pushed the deal through have left a bad taste in some residents' mouths," Connecticut Magazine,
Christopher Hoffman Aug 26, 2020.
- Hillsdale College Reading and Writing 660-740, Math 640-730 (2019–20)
- Swarthmore: Reading and Writing 680-750, Math 700-790 (2019–20)
- Amherst College Reading and Writing 650-740, Math 660-780 2019–20
- I hear Hillsdale's applications were up 50% (literally) this year and the President claims they are around #25 in the country in test scores of the new incoming class. They have been steadily improving. No affirmative action admits either, I expect, and few alumni admits, so the lower quartile (outside the ranges give above) will be drastically better than comparable colleges.