ERIC BENNETT RASMUSEN
Dan R. and Catherine M. Dalton Professor
Department of Business Economics and Public Policy
Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
BU 438, 1309 East Tenth Street, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1701
Office: (812) 855-9219. Direct: (812) 855-3356. Cell: (812) 345-8573. Fax:(812)
Last updated: August 17, 2015. URL: http://www.rasmusen.org/vita.htm.
Other pages have lists of abstracts of my published or unpublished papers. "Rasmusen" is
pronounced "Rass- muss-un,"not"Razz- muse- en" and my name can be spelled in Katakana or Korean. Click for
maps to the Kelley School
University High School, Urbana, Illinois,
B.A. Economics, Yale University, 1980 (magna cum laude)
M.A. Economics, Yale University, 1980
Ph.D. Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1984 ("Essays in Dynamic
Nonprice Competition," advisor: Franklin Fisher)
Indiana University, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy, Kelley
School of Business: Dan R. and Catherine M. Dalton Professor, 2005- present.
Indiana University Foundation Professor, 2001-2005. Professor of Economics and
Public Policy, 1996-2002. Subhedar Fellow, 1998-2001. Associate Professor,
University of California, Los Angeles, John E. Anderson Graduate School of
Management: Assistant Professor, 1984-1992.
Teaching Assistant, Economics Department and Sloan School, Massachusetts Institute
of Technology, 1982-84.
Harvard University, Law School (John M. Olin Faculty Fellow) and Economics Department (Visiting Professor) 2014-2105.
Oxford University, Nuffield College, visitor 2007-2008.
University of Tokyo, Center for International Research on the Japanese Economy and
Faculty of Economics: Visiting Professor, 2001.
Harvard Law School: John M. Olin Senior Research Fellow in Law and Economics,
Yale Law School: Olin Faculty Fellow, 1991-1992.
University of Chicago, Center for the Study of the Economy and the State and
Graduate School of Business: John M. Olin Visiting Assistant Professor of Business
- Game Theory and the Law (Economic Approaches to Law
series, ed. by Richard A. Posner and Francesco Parisi). Edward Elgar
Publishing, 2007. PDF
- Measuring Judicial Independence: The Political Economy of Judging
in Japan (with Mark Ramseyer). Chicago: University of Chicago Press,
2003. ISBN: 0226703886. The website is at
http://rasmusen.org/published/jbook/jbook.htm. (204 Google Scholar cites by 2014)
- Readings in Games and Information, (editor) Oxford:
Blackwell Publishers, 2001. ISBN's 0631215573 (paperback) and 0631215565
(hardback). The website is at http://rasmusen.org/GI/reader/gireader.htm.
- Public Policy and Economic Analysis , edited with Moriki Hosoe,
Fukuoka, Japan: Kyushu University Press, 1997.
Games and Information, Fourth Edition. Website at
http://www.rasmusen.org/GI/index.html. Games and Information
, Oxford: Blackwell
Publishers. First edition, 1989. 344 pp., ISBN: 0-631-15709-3. Second
edition, 1994, 478 pp., ISBN: 1-55786-502-7. Third Edition, 445 pp., ISBN:
0631210954, 2001. Fourth edition, 2006.
Japanese translation by Moriki Hosoe, , Shozo
Murata, and Yoshinobu Arisada, Kyushu University Press, Vol. I (1990), Vol. 2
(1991). Italian translation ( Teoria dei Giochi e Informazione ) by
Alberto Bernardo, Milan: Ulrico
Hoepli Editore (1993), ISBN: 8820320231. Spanish translation, Juegos e
Informacion ) by Roberto Mazzoni, Mexico City: Fondo de Cultura Economica
(1997). Chinese Complex Characters translation, Wu-Nan Book Company , Taipei (2003). (
www.wunan.com.tw/) Chinese Simplified Characters translations:, Yang Yao (CCER, Beijing University http://ccer.pku.edu.cn/en/eyyao.htm ), Liangjing Publishing;
China Renmin University Press (4th edition). French translation: Jeux et
information, Introduction a la theorie des jeux, Brussels: Editions de Boeck &
Larcier (2004). Korean rights were sold to United Consulting Group Limited,
Norwegian rights to
Gyldendal Akademisk (Oslo). I have various materials available associated
with the book-- errata, teaching aids, etc. at the website. For reviews, see
later in this vita. This book has 2,554 Google Scholar hits as of January 2014.
- ``Law, Coercion, and Expression: A Review Essay on Frederick Schauer's The Force of Law and Richard McAdams's The Expressive Powers of Law.'' Forthcoming, Journal of Economic Literature.
- ``Leveraging of Reputation through Umbrella Branding: The Implications for Market Structure,'' forthcoming, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy.
- "Lowering the Bar to Raise Up the Bar: Licensing Difficulty and Attorney Quality in Japan,"
with J. Mark Ramseyer. Journal of Japanese Studies.
- "Exclusive Dealing: Before, Bork, and Beyond,"
J. Mark Ramseyer. Journal of Law and Economics, 57(S3): S145-S160 (Aug. 2014).
- "Maximization Is Fine— But Based on What Assumptions?" Econ Journal Watch. 11(2): 210-218 (May 2014).
- "First- versus Second-Mover Advantage with Information
Asymmetry about the Size of New Markets," (with Young-Ro Yoon). Journal of Industrial Economics, 60: 374–405 (September 2012).
- "Are Americans More Litigious? Some Quantitative Evidence" (with J. Mark
Ramseyer). An American Illness , edited by Frank Buckley, Yale University Press (2013).
- "Internalities and Paternalism: Applying Surplus Maximization to the
Various Selves across Time." Social Choice and Welfare, 38: 601-615 (2012). http://www.rasmusen.org/published/2012-Rasmusen-SocChoi.Welfare-internality.pdf.
- "Can the Treasury Exempt Companies It Owns from Taxes? The $45 Billion
General Motors Loss Carryforward Rule" (with J. Mark Ramseyer), The Cato
Papers on Public Policy, Vol. I, Article 1, pp. 1-54 (2011) edited by Jeffrey Miron,
- "Executive Compensation in Japan: Estimating Levels and Determinants
from Tax Records" (with Minoru Nakazato and J. Mark Ramseyer). Journal
of Economics and Management Strategy, 20: 843--885 (Fall 2011).
- "The Industrial Organization of the Japanese Bar: Levels and Determinants of
Attorney Income," (with Minoru Nakazato and J. Mark Ramseyer). Journal
of Empirical Legal Studies, 7: 460--489 (September 2010).
- "Career Concerns and Ambiguity Aversion," Economics Letters,
108: 175--177 (August 2010).
- "Public and Private Firm Compensation Compared: Evidence from Japanese Tax
Returns," (with Minoru Nakazato and J. Mark Ramseyer). Korean Economic
Review, 25: 5--34 (Summer 2009).
- "Convictions versus Conviction Rates: The Prosecutor's Choice,"
(with Manu Raghav and J. Mark Ramseyer). The American Law and Economics
Review, 11: 47--78 (Spring 2009). Http://www.rasmusen.org/published/Rasmusen-09ALER-pros-published.pdf.
- "The BLP Method of Demand Curve Estimation in Industrial Organization," in Japanese in Gendai Keizaigaku 1, mikuro- bunseki, edited by Isao
Miura and Tohru Naito, Tokyo: Keiso shobo, 2008. ISBN: 978-4-326-50297-4. In
- "When Does Extra Risk Strictly Increase the Value of Options?"
The Review of Financial Studies, 20: 1647--1667 (September 2007).
- "Recruitment into Managed Courts during Political Chaos: Japan in the
1990s," (with J. Mark Ramseyer). The Journal of Comparative Economics,
35: 329-345 (June 2007).
- "Norms and the Law," (with Richard McAdams) Handbook of Law and
Economics, vol. 2, eds. A. Mitchell Polinsky and Steven Shavell, chapter 20, pp. 1573-1618. Amsterdam, Elsevier (2007).
- "Strategic Implications of Uncertainty over One's Own Private Value in
Auctions," in the BE Press journal, Advances in Theoretical Economics,
Vol. 6: No. 1, Article 7 (2006).
- "The Case for Managed Judges: Learning from Japan after the Political
Upheaval of 1993," (with J. Mark Ramseyer) University of Pennsylvania
Law Review, 154: 1879-1930 (June 2006).
- "The Economics of Agency Law and Contract Formation,"
American Law and Economics Review, 6(2): 369-409 (Fall 2004). pdf
- "Buyer-Option Contracts, Renegotiation, and the Hold-Up Problem,"
(with Thomas P. Lyon ) The Journal
of Law, Economics and Organization, 20: 148-169 (April 2004).
- "An Economic Approach to Adultery Law," Chapter 5, pp. 70-91 of
Marriage and Divorce: An Economic Perspective, edited by Antony Dnes and
Robert Rowthorn, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- "Bertrand Competition under Uncertainty" (with Maarten Janssen),
The Journal of Industrial Economics , 50: pp. 11-21 (March 2002). In tex and pdf .
- "Can High Prices Ensure Product Quality when Buyers Do Not Know the Seller's
Cost? " (with Timothy Perri),
Economic Inquiry , 39(4): 561-567 (October 2001). In MS-WORD and pdf .
- "Explaining Incomplete Contracts as the Result of Contract- Reading Costs,"
in the BE Press journal, Advances in Economic Analysis and Policy.
Vol. 1: No. 1, Article 2 (2001).
http://www.bepress.com/bejeap/advances/vol1/iss1/art2. The working paper
version with the two-period model, "A Model of Negotiation, Not Bargaining:
Explaining Incomplete Contracts," is available in pdf. A late version is available in tex and pdf
- "Why Are Japanese Judges So Conservative in Politically Charged Cases?"
(with J. Mark Ramseyer ),
American Political Science Review , 95(2): 331-344 (June 2001).
Data is here. In MS-Word and pdf (104).
- "Aphorisms on Writing, Talking, and Listening," Readings in Games
and Information, Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2001.
- "Why Is the Japanese Conviction Rate So High?" (with J. Mark Ramseyer ), Journal of Legal
Studies , 30(1): 53-88 (January 2001). Data is
here. In ascii and pdf (107).
- "The Uneasy Case for the Flat Tax,"(with F. H. Buckley),
Constitutional Political Economy, (December 2000) (lead article) 11(4):
295-318. In ascii and pdf .
- "Skewed Incentives: Paying for Politics as a Japanese Judge," (with J. Mark Ramseyer ).
Judicature, 83: 190-195 (January/February 2000) (cover article). In ascii and pdf
- "Creating and Enforcing Norms, with Special Reference to Sanctions,"
(with Richard Posner), International Review of Law and Economics,
19(3): 369--382 (September 1999). See also Chapter 9,"Social Norms, with a Note on
Religion," in Frontiers of Legal Theory, edited by Richard Posner,
Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press (2001). In ascii and
- "Why the Japanese Taxpayer Always Loses,"(with J. Mark Ramseyer ), Southern California Law
Review, 72: 571-596 (January/March 1999). Translated and reprinted, Doshite
Nihon no nozeisha wa katenai no ka [Why Can’t Japanese Taxpayers Win?], in Kohogaku
no ho to seisaku: ge [Law and Policy in Public Law: vol. 2] 147 (Mitsuaki Usui, et
al., eds., Tokyo: Yuhikaku, 2000). Data is here. Rasmusen-99.SCLR.jpntax.pdf< .
- "The Observed Choice Problem in Estimating the Cost of Policies,"
Economics Letters, (1998) 61(1): 13-15. Rasmusen_98.EC_LET.mchoice.pdf .
- "Observed Choice, Estimation, and Optimism about Policy Changes,"
Public Choice, (October 1998) 97(1-2): 65-91. There is a mistake in one of
the explanations, which I point out in some notes that also discuss
estimation of intercepts. The
state- level data on illegitimacy, Dukakis votes, AFDC, and other correlates is
- "The Economics of Desecration: Flag Burning and Related Activities,"
The Journal of Legal Studies (June 1998) 27(2): 245-270 (lead
- "Mezzanatto and the Economics of Self Incrimination,"
Cardozo Law Review (May 1998) 19: 1541-1584. Rasmusen_98CARDOZO.mezz.pdf .
- "Lifting the Veil of Ignorance: Personalizing the Marriage Contract,"
(with Jeffrey Stake), Indiana Law Journal (Spring 1998) 73:
454-502. Rasmusen_98.ILJ.marriage.pdf (121).
- "Of Sex and Drugs and Rock'n Roll: Law and Economics and Social Regulation,"
Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy (Fall 1997) 21: 71-81. Rasmusen_97.HJLPP.Feder.htm.
- "Judicial Independence in Civil Law Regimes: Econometrics from Japan,"
(with J. Mark Ramseyer ),
The Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization (1997) 13: 259--286
(lead article). Translated and reprinted, Nihon ni okeru shiho no dokuritsu wo
kensho suru [Examining Judicial Independence in Japan], Rebaiasan
[Leviathan: The Japanese Journal of Political Science] (1998) 22: 116-149
(scanned here). Data is
here. In tex or pdf (146).
- "The Learning Curve in a Competitive Industry" (with Emmanuel Petrakis and Santanu Roy ), The RAND Journal of
Economics (Summer 1997) 28: 248-268. In tex or pdf . Proofs available in tex or pdf .
- "Choosing among Signalling Equilibria in Lobbying Games,"
Public Choice (April 1997) 91: 209-214.
In tex or pdf .
- "Signal Jamming and Limit Pricing: A Unified Approach, " in Public
Policy and Economic Analysis, Moriki Hosoe and Eric Rasmusen, editors,
Fukuoka, Japan: Kyushu University Press, 1997.
- "Nuisance Suits," in The New Palgrave
Dictionary of Economics and the Law , London: Macmillan Press, Peter Newman, editor. ISBN
1-56159-2153, May 1998.
- "A Theory of Trustees, and Other Thoughts," in Public Debt and its
Finance in a Model of a Macroeconomic Policy Game: Papers Presented at a Workshop
held in Antalya, Turkey on October 10-11, 1997. , ed. by Tahire Akder. See
also the discussion in Measuring
Judicial Independence. Available, including a post-publication postscript, at
- "The Posner Argument for Transferring Health Spending from Old Women to Old
Men," Economics Letters (December 1996) 53: 337-339. In tex or pdf
- "Stigma and Self-Fulfilling Expectations of Criminality," The
Journal of Law and Economics (October 1996) 39: 519-544. In tex or pdf
- "Predictable and Unpredictable Error in Tort Awards: The Effect of Plaintiff
Self Selection and Signalling," The International Review of Law and
Economics (September 1995) 15: 323-345. In tex or pdf
- "How Optimal Penalties Change with the Amount of Harm," The
International Review of Law and Economics (1995) 15: 101-108. In tex or pdf .
- "Judicial Legitimacy: An Interpretation as a Repeated Game," The
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization (April 1994) 10: 63--83. In
tex or pdf (105).
- "Cheap Bribes and the Corruption Ban: A Coordination Game among Rational
Legislators," Public Choice (1994) 78: 305-327 (with J. Mark Ramseyer ). Reprinted,
The Economics of Corruption and Illegal Markets (Gianluca Fiorentini &
Stefano Zamagni, eds.: Edward Elgar, 1999). In tex or pdf (101).
- "Mutual versus Unilateral Mistake in Contracts," The Journal of
Legal Studies (June 1993) 22: 309-343 (with Ian Ayres). In tex or pdf .
- "Lobbying when the Decisionmaker Can Acquire Independent Information,"
Public Choice (1993) 77: 899- 913. In tex or pdf .
- "Are Equilibrium Strategies Unaffected by Incentives? " The
Journal of Theoretical Politics (July 1992) 4: 343-357 (with Jack
Hirshleifer). Reprinted in The Dark Side of the Force: Foundations of
the Economic Theory of Conflict, edited by Jack Hirshleifer, Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press (2001). http://rasmusen.org/pacioli/published/hirshleifer-rasmusen.92.jtp.mixed.pdf .
- "An Income-Satiation Model of Efficiency Wages," Economic Inquiry
(July 1992) 30: 467-478. In
tex or pdf .
- "Managerial Conservatism and Rational Information Acquisition,"
Journal of Economics and Management Strategy (Spring 1992) 1: 175-202. In
tex or pdf .
- "The Strategy of Sovereign Debt Renegotiations," The Handbook of
Country Risk Analysis , edited by Ronald Solberg. London: Routledge Press,
1992. ISBN: 0-415-07855-5.
- "Game Theory in Finance," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Money and
Finance , edited by John Eatwell, Murray Milgate, and Peter Newman. New York:
Stockton Press, 1992.
- "Folk Theorems for the Observable Implications of Repeated Games," Theory and Decision (March 1992) 32: 147-164. In pdf .
- "Heterogeneous Players and Specialized Models," Rationality and
Society (January 1992) 4: 83-94. Reprinted as pp. 275-284 of
Polycentric Games and Institutions, edited by Michael McGinnis, Ann Arbor:
University of Michigan Press, 2000. Available in tex or pdf .
- "Defining the Mean-Preserving Spread: 3-pt versus 4-pt,"
Decision Making under Risk and Uncertainty: New Models and Empirical Findings
, edited by John Geweke. Amsterdam: Kluwer, 1992 (with Emmanuel Petrakis ).
- "Recent Developments in the Economics of Exclusionary Contracts,"
Chapter 16 (pp. 371--388), Canadian Competition Law and Politics at the
Centenary , edited by R. Khemani and W. Stanbury. Halifax: The Institute for
Research on Public Policy, 1991.
- "Naked Exclusion," American Economic Review, (December
1991) 81: 1137-1145 (with J.
Mark Ramseyer and
Rasmusen_91AER.exclusion.pdf (See also our reply to a comment/extension/correction by
Siegel and Whinston (AER, March 1990: 90: 310-311) and longer comments (ascii))
- "Extending the Economic Theory of Regulation: The Form of Policy,"
Public Choice, (1991) 72: 167-191 (with Mark Zupan). In tex or pdf .
- "Diseconomies of Scale in Employment Contracts," Journal of Law,
Economics and Organization (June 1990) 6(1): 65-92 (with Todd Zenger). In
tex or pdf) .
- "The Leasing Monopolist," UCLA Law Review, (April 1990) 37:
693--732 (with J. Mark Ramseyer
and John Wiley). In html .
- "Cooperation in a Repeated Prisoner's Dilemma with Ostracism,"
Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, (August 1989) 12: 87--106
(with David Hirshleifer). In tex
or pdf (248).
- "A Simple Model of Product Quality with Elastic Demand,"
Economics Letters, 29(4) 281--283 (1989). In tex or
- "Antitrust and Spatial Predation: a Response to Thomas J. Campbell," Columbia Law Review, (June 1989) 1989: 1015--1032 (with John Wiley). In
- "Mutual Banks and Stock Banks," Journal of Law and Economics,
31: 395--422 (October 1988). Reprinted in Banking Law Anthology
, Volume IV (1988), Bethesda, Md: International Library. In tex or
- "Entry for Buyout," Journal of Industrial Economics (March
1988) 36: 281--300.
- "Moral Hazard in Risk-Averse Teams," RAND Journal of Economics
(Fall 1987) 18: 428--435.
Former Ph.D. Students: Stephan Levy
(1995) (LECG), Carl Raul Gwin,
(1997) (Baylor); Kelly Lear-Nordby (1998) (LECG); Kaushik Mukhopadhaya
(1999) (Emory) ; Sooyoung Song (2000)
( Chung-Ang finance, Seoul, Korea); Jinwon Ahn (2005) (Presidential
Commission on Policy Planning, Korea);
Barick Chung (2007) (Chinese U. of Hong Kong), In Hyeock (Ian) Lee (Western Kentucky University); Manu Raghav (2007) (Depauw); Changmin Lee (2008) (Samsung Res.Inst.
Finance). Kevin Woon-am Seok (research institute) (2011).
Courses Taught at Indiana University: G100: Business in the
Information Age (Introduction to Business) (B.A.) Microeconomics (B.S.); G202: Business and Economic
Strategy in the Public Arena (Honors B.A.) Regulation (B.A., 2004); G300: Business Economics (B.A.);
G406, Regulation (B.A., Spring 2014); G492, Writing Economic Analyses
(B.A., Spring 2005); X504: Microeconomics (M.B.A.); G570: Game Theory
(M.B.A.) ; Regulation (M.B.A.); G601: Game Theory and Industrial
Organization (Ph.D) ; G604:
Empirical Industrial Organization (Ph.D) ; C530:
Microeconomics (On-line "Kelley Direct" M.B.A. 2013) ; G751:
Game Theory (Ph.D. 2014).
Born: 1958 in Urbana, Illinois.
Married to Dr. Helen Choi Rasmusen.
Home Address: Eric Rasmusen, 2810 Dale Court, Bloomington,
Indiana 47401 (812) 331-0012. Iphone: 812-327-6695.
Emergency contact: Mary Beale
Erdos number: 5. SAT:(750+730)/1600. LSAT: 800/800.
Languages: English, some French.
Church: Clearnote Church, Bloomington, Indiana.
National Science Foundation Ph.D. Fellowship, 1980-1983.
L&EC Law Institute for Economists, 1986.
Associate editor, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 1995-1999.
Lecturer, judicial institutes, George Mason Law and Economics Center, 3+ times;
political science institutes, 3 times.
Director, Indiana Association of Scholars, 1998-2013. Lighthouse Christian
Academy, 2010-2013. American Law and Economics Association, 2002-2005.
Other Publications-- Various
"Review of Game Theory and the Social Contract: Volume 1, Playing
Fair" by Ken Binmore, Journal of
Economic Literature, 33: 1979-1980 (December 1995). In ascii or
"Review of COMPETITION, COMMITMENT, AND WELFARE by Kotaro Suzumura,"
Journal of Economic Literature, 34: 1374-1376 (September 1996). In
ascii or pdf.
"Review Discussion: Game Theory and the Law" (with Kenneth Dau-
Schmidt, Michael Alexeev, Jeffrey Stake and Robert Heidt), Law and Society
Review, 31: 613-629 (1997). In html
"Review of Timur Kuran, Private Truths, Public Lies: The Social
Consequences of Preference Falsification," The Journal of Economic
Behavior and Organization. (1998) 33: 309-311. In ascii or
"Review of Coasean Economics: Law and Economics and the New
Institutional Economics edited by Steven Medema," Journal of
Economic Literature, 36: 2171-2174 (December 1998). In tex or pdf
"Review of Stahler, E: Economic Games and Strategic Behaviour: Theory and
Application," Journal of Economics/ Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie,
71(3): 322-324 (October 2000).
"Naked Exclusion: A Reply" (with J. Mark Ramseyer and John Wiley), the
American Economic Review, 90: 310-311 (March 2000). In ascii or pdf. We have a longer version in ascii).
Barnes v. Indiana, "Brief of John Wesley Hall, K. Babe Howell, Eric
Rasmusen, Steven Russell, and Ronald S. Sullivan as
Amici Curiae in Support of Appellant's Petition for
Rehearing," Indiana Supreme Court, Case No. 82S05-1007-CR-343, (legality of
resistance to illegal police entry, 2011).
Mersino v. Sebelius 6th Circuit, No. 13-1944 (factors in granting a preliminary injunction in an Obamacare mandate case, 2013)
The Meaning of 'Value' for Gift and Estate Tax Donee Limitations in Tax Code 26 U.S.C. § 6324(B): An Amicus Brief for Marshall v. Commissioner," (2013)
Other Publications-- Journalism
"Auction Long-Distance Service for the Undecided," (with Ivan Png)
The Wall Street Journal, (29 May 1985).
"Minimum Wage, Maximum Controversy: Raising Lowest Pay Rate Could Hurt
Economy," (with Ivan Png) Los Angeles Times, IV-3 (Sunday 10
"Letter: Must Homeowners Lose Wealth When House Prices Fall?" The
Economists' Voice, 3(4): Article 8, http://www.bepress.com/ev/vol3/iss4/art8
"Letter: What Economists Can Contribute to the Global Warming Debate,"
The Economists' Voice, 5(3) Article 2. Http://www.bepress.com/ev/vol5/iss3/art2
"Letter: Research Economist Support for the Stimulus Bill," The
Economists' Voice, 6(3): Article 6 http://www.bepress.com/ev/vol6/iss3/art6
1. Canning, David (1989) "Optimal Bidding," Times Higher Education
Supplement no. 867, June 16, 1989, p. 22.
2. Shin, Hyun Song (1989)"Games and Information: An Introduction to Game Theory,"
Economic Journal, 99: 864--865 (September 1989).
3. Hare, Paul (1990)"ERIC RASMUSEN, Games and Information: An Introduction to Game
Theory," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, 37: 111--112,
4. Ayres, Ian (1990)"Playing Games with the Law," Stanford Law Review,
42: 1291-1317 (May 1990).
5. Hipel, Keith (1990)"BOOK REVIEW: Rasmusen, Eric, Games and Information. An
Introduction to Game Theory, Basil Blackwell, Oxford, 1989," Theory
and Decision, 29: 161--163 (September 1990).
6. Schimmelpfennig, Jorg (1990)"RASMUSEN, ERIC: Games and Information: An
Introduction to Game Theory, Oxford: Basil Blackwell 1989. 352 pp. £25.00,"
Kyklos, 43: 689--690 (1990).
7. Borland, Jeff (1991)" Games and Information: An Introduction to Game
Theory , by Eric Rasmusen (Basil Blackwell, Oxford, 1989), pp. 352. $ A65,"
Economic Record, 67: 175 (June 1991).
8. Leiniger, Wolfgang (1991) "Games and information: An introduction to game
theory," International Journal of Industrial Organization, 9(3): 474--476
9. Mason, Charles F. (1991) "Games and information: A Review," Review of
Industrial Organization, 6(3): 317-319 (January 1991).
Research in Progress (some in early drafts; conclusions may change; some may
never be finished)
- ``Why Use Requirement Contracts?
The Tradeoff between Hold Up and Breach.'' http://www.rasmusen.org/papers/holdup-rasmusen.pdf.
- "Coarse Grades," with Rick Harbaugh.
- "Concavifying the Quasi-Concave," with Christopher Connell.
http://rasmusen.org/papers/quasi-connell-rasmusen.pdf (long, econ, version) and
http://rasmusen.org/papers/quasi-short-connell-rasmusen.pdf (short, math, version).
- "How Immigration Can Hurt a Country."
- "The Concealment Argument: Why No Conclusive Evidence or Proof for
God's Existence Will Be Found"
- "Fine Tuning, Hume’s Miracle Test, and Intelligent Design" with Eric Hedin.
- The Economics of Regulation: Compulsion for the Social Good, book draft http://www.rasmusen.org/regulation.
- Project: "Understanding Shrinkage Estimators: From Zero to Oracle to James-Stein."
- Project on measuring a person's location on the Conservative/Liberal scale.
- Project on revising the order of propositions and the problematic Proposition 4 (Side-Angle-Side) in Euclid's Elements, Book I.
- Project on comparing Han Fei and Machiavelli.
Back to the Rasmusen Homepage .